The Scott Group is a high growth, leading industrial supplies organisation which provides a wide range of goods and services to industrial and manufacturing markets. With sites across the UK and in Europe, we combine the volume savings of a national organisation with the presence of a local supplier; leading the market through innovation, quality and service.
Scott Pallets is the largest operating division of Scott Group and is the UK’s largest, most successful pallet supplier. From whisky to construction, and packaging to chemicals, our pallets are used by businesses in every industrial sector throughout the UK, to safely and sustainably transport their goods throughout the global supply chain.
We are looking for a Site Engineer to maintain all plant equipment to maximize available production activities, while maintaining a safe working environment for personnel.
- Ensure that all plant down time is minimized within the defined Region by undertaking PPM
- Critical Spares are held and controlled to minimize production down time in case of component failure
- Liaise with all site leaders to ensure site minimal disruption to Production output
- Manage and report all FLT Daily checks to site leadership team and control and action all Forklift Truck remedial works.
- Plant Equipment Uptime %
- Completion of Routine & Preventive Maintenance %
- Spare Parts Stock Control accuracy %
- Responsiveness to Production Breakdowns
Key Role Objectives
- Develop & implement Plan maintenance schedules for all Plant equipment
- Liaise with Production Staff to minimize plant down time for PPM
- Identification and replacement program for all parts prior to failure
- Develop and drive improvement projects to reduce machine down time
Machine / Plant Spares
- manage min / max order quantity levels
- Manage Stock control of all spares
- Source and order components and associated commodities
Health & Safety
- Ensure all maintenance operations are undertaken in a Safe environment
- Initiate Safe System of work to isolate plant equipment prior to undertaking any work, including LOTO of all isolation (Mechanical & Electrical)
- Flexible approach to working hours when required, so support breakdowns on a 24/7 basis
- Undertake any reasonable management requests
- Minimum 3-4 years working on Pallet Making machinery would be preferable.
- Detailed knowledge of pneumatic and electrical systems
- Minimum 3-4 years experience of preparing and carrying out routine maintenance programs would be advantageous.
- Manufacturing background
- PC Literate
Education / Qualifications
- Time Served apprenticeship or Equivalent
- HNC Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this position please send your CV to email@example.com