The Scott Group is a high growth, leading industrial supplies organisation which provides a wide range of goods and services to industrial and manufacturing markets. With sites across the UK and in Europe, we combine the volume savings of a national organisation with the presence of a local supplier; leading the market through innovation, quality and service.
An excellent opportunity has arisen within our Group Finance Function for a part qualified accountant to join our finance team at our Head Office based in Dunfermline.
You will be responsible for preparing the management accounts & reporting across 18 different diverse businesses within the Group’s portfolio of companies. Ideally you will have had exposure to a commercial environment and will have 2 years’ experience operating as an Accountant and will be qualified or part-qualified in ACCA or CIMA.
You will have a key eye for detail, advanced excel skills with experience in Navision and Sage 50 would be an advantageous
We offer a competitive remuneration package and a commitment to providing training and development opportunities to facilitate career development.
- Preparation of Monthly, Periodic and Quarterly balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparing flash management accounts
- Preparing detailed management accounts (P&L and Balance Sheet) from multiple site information on time (periodic / quarterly)
- Preparing and developing detailed management information reporting.
- To ensure all Intrastat, ONS reports are prepared on-time & accurately
- To ensure the Vat returns are prepared accurately and all payments due are submitted on time.
- Preparing summary financial and statistical reports as required.
- To collate & summarise the monthly, periodic & quarterly management accounts and give an overview and analysis to Finance and Non Finance Managers as required.
- To support the group finance team with the review of statutory accounts
- To assist the Group finance team, tax advisors & auditors by providing all information required for the corporation tax assessments and reviewing the Corporation Tax Return.
- To provide ad hoc management information and support to business heads & group finance with a view to improving the performance of the division and support corporate goals.
- To present summary detail in a simple straightforward format.
- To provide support to Group finance function by providing analysis as required.
Treasury Support (as required)
- Operating bank accounts
- Reconciliation of the Asset Based Lending Reports & Reconciliations
- Preparing & reviewing cash flow reporting
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in industry as a management accountant
- Understanding of indirect tax & reporting including, VAT/Intrastat and ONS
- Competent working with Navision and Sage 50.
Technical – Qualifications/Key skills
- Part/Qualified accountant in ACCA or CIMA or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of modern ERP & IT systems, Navision
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Personal Key Skills
- An aptitude for financial analysis and an excellent communicator both verbal and written
- Able to relate to people at all levels, including but not limited to shop floor employees, management, customers and vendors
- Able to constructively challenge assumptions and help drive through change
- Strong attention to detail
- Up to date knowledge of accounting regulations
- Good commercial awareness
- Planning, organising & multi-tasking skills
- Able to work on own initiative but also a team player
- Flexible work ethic
- Effective time management
- Perseverance, personal ambition and willingness to develop within a dynamic environment
- Confident with a solution oriented approach
- Sound decision making
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this position please send your CV to email@example.com