The Scott Group is a high growth, leading industrial supplies organisation which provides a wide range of goods and services to industrial and manufacturing markets. With sites across the UK and in Europe, we combine the volume savings of a national organisation with the presence of a local supplier; leading the market through innovation, quality and service.
Support Senior Buyer and Purchasing department with day to day operations. Interact and negotiate with suppliers, both foreign and domestic, to maintain pricing and delivery schedules. Interact with internal personnel as a liaison between supply orders and customer orders.
- Obtaining Requests for quotations from Suppliers
- Raising/processing purchase orders and requests
- Dealing with online ordering
- Handling purchase order/price queries
- Communicating by telephone/fax/email; with all sites and personnel within the Scott Group
- Telephone/online system training/support satellite sites daily
- Identify spend trends and cost savings where possible
- Monitor bought usage
- Group printed stationeries (brand guidelines)
- HO stationary/kitchen requirements (monthly)
- Group courier service – sample pallets, IT equipment movement
- New vendor database management, requests/agreement/contract review and system set up to best terms and bench mark pricing.
- Database update – banks details, vendor address/contact info changes etc
- Cost Savings, through negotiating a lower price with an existing supplier or a new supplier with less costly materials or cheaper transportation method
- Increased Quality, when an item has improved quality either by using a different supplier or by negotiating with the existing supplier, the improvement will be reflected in a reduction of waste or production resources.
- Purchasing Improvements, efficiencies in the method used that increase effectiveness. These can include the introduction of EDI, e-procurement systems, vendor managed inventory and pay on receipt processes.
- Transportation Improvements, negotiated with a carrier or number of carriers to reduce the cost of transporting items from the vendor to the production facilities, the unit cost of the item will be reduced. This cost saving can be used as a measurement of effectiveness.
- Accuracy and clarity in both written / verbal communications; with individuals and with groups
- Highly numerate and computer literate
- Ability to think laterally and have a variety of approaches to problem solving
- Analytical and enquiring approach to evaluating and interpreting information
- Close attention to detail – meticulous
- Decision-making skills with the ability to think logically
- Ability to set targets and get things done to achieve continuous improvement and development
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Is grounded with good strength and stamina
- Flexible work ethic
- Effective time management
- Good customer service skills/experience
- Perseverance, personal ambition and willingness to develop within a dynamic environment.
- 3 to 5 years business experience
- 1 – 2 years purchasing experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- MS Office skills with intermediate/advanced level excel
- Experience working with Navision would be an advantage
- 2 – 3 GCSEs grade A to C or equivalent including B grade or above in Maths
- CIPPS Qualifications or working towards CIPPS qualifications
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org