The Scott Group is a high growth, leading industrial supplies organisation which provides a wide range of goods and services to industrial and manufacturing markets. With sites across the UK and in Europe, we combine the volume savings of a national organisation with the presence of a local supplier; leading the market through innovation, quality and service.
Scott Pallets is the largest operating division of Scott Group and is the UK’s largest, most successful pallet supplier. From whisky to construction, and packaging to chemicals, our pallets are used by businesses in every industrial sector throughout the UK, to safely and sustainably transport their goods throughout the global supply chain.
To safely and accurately manufacture pallets/wood products in a timely manner, and to the standard as laid down in the works order and pallet design specification detailed by the customer.
Responsibilities and Duties
- On a daily basis complete the nail gun safety checks at start and finish of shift.
- Observe Risk assessments/PPE requirements at all times.
- Check production paperwork/PDS and work instructions before commencement of job to ensure that pallets are made correctly
- Check timber sizes are correct before commencement of job
- Construct first item than check against PDS to ensure correct construction
- Check quality as instructed by Supervisor
- Respect the nail gun and ensure that it is kept operational safely – if unsure consult your Team Leader
- Keep work bench/area clean at all times and clear up at the end of the sift
- At all times work in a safe/clean manner
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be able to understand pallet design specifications and work orders.
- Be able to complete all necessary production paperwork which must be accurate, complete and legible.
- Have a general understanding of Health & Safety Standards within a manufacturing environment.
- Be conversant with risk assessments and safe systems of work associated with the use of nail guns and manual pallet production.
- Be able to understand pallet design specifications and work orders.
To apply for this position please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com