Operations Manager – Rainham
The Scott Group is a high growth, leading industrial supplies organisation which provides a wide range of goods and services to industrial and manufacturing markets. With sites across the UK and in Europe, we combine the volume savings of a national organisation with the presence of a local supplier; leading the market through innovation, quality and service.
An excellent opportunity has arisen within our Reconditioned Business Unit for an experienced Operations Manager.
To supervise and support all operational activities on site to ensure targets relating to Production, Quality, Health and Safety, are met.
Key Role Objectives
- To assist the Site Manager in the daily operations of the site.
- Ensure that all man power and machinery resources are available and utilized to meet the site’s delivery performance and other KPI’s.
- Set individual targets for the work force to ensure weekly KPI’s are achieved.
- Ensure regular communications with all team members are maintained.
- To lead, develop and motivate production teams, focusing on producing products to specified quality standards and customer requirements
- Drive a performance culture, through the production team to achieve set targets, concentrating on maximizing labour efficiencies.
- Man management of the production team, including all disciplinary matters and adherence to the companies hand book/ rules and regulations.
- Manage production to ensure maximum productivity.
- Allocate resources to ensure daily/weekly production targets are achieved.
- Implement periodic checks throughout the shift to ensure targets are being achieved.
- Act as a conduit between site manager and front line workforce and communicate effectively.
- Oversee Transport Planning activities and ensure that efficiencies are realised.
- Ensure all production employees adhere to company Quality procedures and processes, enforcing the discipline that all quality failures are repaired by the originator.
- Implement periodic quality inspections to ensure customer expectations are being achieved, and that the pallet meets our internal specification/ tolerance levels
- Ensure all production team adheres to company H&S procedures with regard to PPE, accident/incident reporting etc.
- Assist in the induction process and training of all new production employees, ensuring that a safe system of work is maintained at all time.
- Ensuring that all training records are maintained and updated where applicable.
- Ensure finished goods and timber storage areas are kept in an orderly fashion to ensure stock can be counted without personal risk.
- Implement Housekeeping initiatives to ensure production areas are kept in tidy and orderly fashion, including the management of waste/scrap bins.
- Manage timekeeping, attendance to ensure weekly KPI’s are not affected.
- Management of overtime to ensure site targets are achieved.
- Cover for other members of the management team as and when required.
- Offer support to production staff outside of office hours.
Skills & Experience
- Ideally 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Excellent people management skills
- Knowledge of quality and Health and Safety management systems
- Computer literate word, excel etc.
- Counterbalance FLT trained
- Experience working with a HGV fleet and a basic understanding of associated legislation
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org