To supervise all activities within production area to ensure targets relating to Production, Quality, Health and Safety, are met.
Key Role Objectives
- To manage the Ellesmere Port site Night Shift as part of the leadership team.
- Ensure that all man power and machinery resources are available and utilised to meet the site’s delivery performance and other KPI’s.
- Set individual targets for the work force to ensure weekly KPI’s are achieved.
- Ensure regular communications with all team members are maintained.
- To lead, develop and motivate production teams, focusing on producing products to specified quality standards and customer requirements
- Drive a performance culture, through the production team to achieve set targets, concentrating on maximising machine and labour efficiencies
- Management of the production team, including all disciplinary matter and adherence to the companies hand book/ rules and regulations
- Ensure all Operators adhere to company Quality procedures and processes, enforcing the discipline that all quality failures are repaired by the originator.
- Implement periodic quality inspections to ensure customer expectations are being achieved, and that the pallet meets our internal specification/ tolerance levels.
- Ensure all the Night Shift adheres to company H&S procedures with regard to PPE, accident/incident reporting etc.
- Assist in the induction process and training of all new Night Shift employees, ensuring that a safe system of work is maintained at all time.
- Ensuring that all training records are maintained and updated where applicable.
- Supervise Night Shift activities to ensure production schedules are achieved and that all plant is maintained to ensure maximum uptime.
- Ensure raw materials are re-banded and labeled correctly to ensure stock can be counted without personal risk.
- Implement Housekeeping initiatives to ensure production areas are kept in tidy and orderly fashion, including the management of waste/scrap bins.
- Manage timekeeping, attendance to ensure weekly KPI’s are not affected.
- Cover for other members of the team as and when required.
- Manage self development, cooperate in training and development activities
- You may be required at any time to perform any reasonable task outside the general provisions of this job description in the pursuance of good company practice or need
Skills & Experience
- Relevant machine/equipment experience and expertise
- Leadership and Management
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Initiative & problem solving
- Customer focus
- Safety focus
- Adaptable & flexible
- You are required to respect any matter deemed by the management as confidential as outlined in the contract of employment.
If you would like to apply for this position please send your CV to email@example.com