Nail Gunner – United Box – Kirriemuir
United Box was formed in 2003 by the three current owners, James Jones and Sons Ltd¸ the Scott Group and the Phillips family which gave United box the continuity of first grade raw materials, high marketing and sales profile as well as expert production techniques.
During the comparatively short existence of United Box, development and sales have increased at a formidable pace with growers in Ireland, North and south and England enjoying the quality boxes built at Airlie.
United box has an unrivalled reputation for providing quality and service in the Potato box market.
We provide our customers with a cost effective solution for the safe transportation and storage of their product.
We are looking for an individual to join our team in a heavy manual industrial environment as a Nail Gunner.
Their main job purpose would be to safely and accurately manufacture pallets/wood products in a timely manner, and to the standard as laid down in the works order and pallet design specification detailed by the customer.
Key Results areas and performance measures
- Performance will be monitored in line with the company handbook, attendance and timekeeping policies and procedures.
- Cooperate with ongoing training and development and participate in the company’s appraisal system.
- Completed in-house training and will have demonstrated competence in the safe use of the nail gun and will be conversant with the 10 nail gun safety rules
- Be conversant with risk assessments and safe systems of work associated with the use of nail guns and manual pallet production.
- Be able to understand pallet design specifications and work orders
- Be able to complete all necessary production paperwork which must be accurate, complete and legible
- Check production paperwork/PDS and work instructions before commencement of job
- Check all timber sizes are correct before commencement of the job.
- Construct first item then check against PDS to ensure correct construction.
- Check accuracy of operation regularly as mistakes can’t always be corrected and are costly REMEMBER all quality failures are repaired by the originator.
- Report any non-conforming timber and/or mistakes to your team leader
- You must observe Risk assessments, Safe systems of work and PPE requirements at all times.
- You must respect the nail gun and ensure it is kept operationally safe, any misuse of machinery and equipment is gross misconduct and may result in dismissal.
- Keep work bench/area clean and tidy at all times and clear up at the end of the shift
- At all times work in a safe clean manner.
- Do not operate any nail gun if you feel it is unsafe to do so.
- If in doubt report to your team leader.
- Comply with nail gun activities to ensure production schedules are achieved and that all plant is maintained to ensure maximum uptime.
- Comply with Housekeeping initiatives to ensure production areas are kept in tidy and orderly fashion, including waste/scrap bins.
- Cooperate in training and development activities.
- You may be required at any time to perform any reasonable task outside the general provisions of this job description in the pursuance of good company practice or need
Skills & Experience
- Relevant experience and expertise
- Communication and inter-personal skills
- Initiative & problem solving
- Decision making & judgment
- Customer focus
- Safety focus
- Adaptable & flexible
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this position please email your CV to email@example.com