The Scott Group is a high growth, leading industrial supplies organisation which provides a wide range of goods and services to industrial and manufacturing markets. With sites across the UK and in Europe, we combine the volume savings of a national organisation with the presence of a local supplier; leading the market through innovation, quality and service.
Scott Pallets is the largest operating division of Scott Group and is the UK’s largest, most successful pallet supplier. From whisky to construction, and packaging to chemicals, our pallets are used by businesses in every industrial sector throughout the UK, to safely and sustainably transport their goods throughout the global supply chain.
To safely and accurately manufacture pallets/wood products in a timely manner, and to the standard as laid down in the works order and pallet design specification detailed by the customer.
Key Results areas and performance measures
- Performance will be monitored in line with the company handbook, attendance and timekeeping policies and procedures.
- Cooperate with ongoing training and development and participate in the company’s appraisal system.
- Completed in-house training and will have demonstrated competence in the safe use of the nail gun and will be conversant with the 10 nail gun safety rules
- Be conversant with risk assessments and safe systems of work associated with the use of nail guns and manual pallet production.
- Be able to understand pallet design specifications and work orders
- Be able to complete all necessary production paperwork which must be accurate, complete and legible
- Check production paperwork/PDS and work instructions before commencement of job
- Check all timber sizes are correct before commencement of the job.
- Construct first item then check against PDS to ensure correct construction.
- Check accuracy of operation regularly as mistakes can’t always be corrected and are costly REMEMBER all quality failures are repaired by the originator.
- Report any non-conforming timber and/or mistakes to your team leader
- You must observe Risk assessments, Safe systems of work and PPE requirements at all times.
- You must respect the nail gun and ensure it is kept operationally safe, any misuse of machinery and equipment is gross misconduct and may result in dismissal.
- Keep work bench/area clean and tidy at all times and clear up at the end of the shift
- At all times work in a safe clean manner.
- Do not operate any nail gun if you feel it is unsafe to do so.
- If in doubt report to your team leader.
- Comply with nail gun activities to ensure production schedules are achieved and that all plant is maintained to ensure maximum uptime.
- Comply with Housekeeping initiatives to ensure production areas are kept in tidy and orderly fashion, including waste/scrap bins.
- Cooperate in training and development activities.
- You may be required at any time to perform any reasonable task outside the general provisions of this job description in the pursuance of good company practice or need
Skills & Experience
- Relevant experience and expertise
- Communication and inter-personal skills
- Initiative & problem solving
- Decision making & judgment
- Customer focus
- Safety focus
- Adaptable & flexible
- You are required to respect any matter deemed by the management as confidential as outlined in the contract of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this position please email email@example.com along with a copy of your CV.