The Scott Group is a high growth, leading industrial supplies organisation which provides a wide range of goods and services to industrial and manufacturing markets. With sites across the UK and in Europe, we combine the volume savings of a national organisation with the presence of a local supplier; leading the market through innovation, quality and service.
Scott Pallets is the largest operating division of Scott Group and is the UK’s largest, most successful pallet supplier. From whisky to construction, and packaging to chemicals, our pallets are used by businesses in every industrial sector throughout the UK, to safely and sustainably transport their goods throughout the global supply chain.
We are looking for a Logistics/Yard Supervisor to effectively manage all site vehicle activities in relation to the incoming raw materials, finished goods, pallets, indirect purchases, factored product and nails. Maintain the internal transport fleet in full compliance with current transport legislation and internal procedures. Supervise all activities in relation to the daily warehouse, yard & kiln operations including fork lift drivers. Plan activity for internal HGV drivers including liaison with external haulers.
- Drive site performance to achieve targets & KPI’s
- Understand your customer base and manage the customer’s expectations and supply a superior service.
- Setup a weekly / monthly reporting to ensure that a close relationship on all site activities is maintained.
- Liaise with senior leaders / cross functional teams to ensure site performances are achieved (e.g. Timber, Pallet Stocks, factored stocks, Stock Control, Finance etc.)
- Manage and accurately control stock control system.
- Manage and control The Pallet Recovery Operation
Internal Logistics Overall
- Develop an overall site storage plan to ensure product is stored in line with best practice maximizing both FLT and HGV vehicle utilisation.
- Ensure material is stored and rotated to avoid deterioration in quality.
- Ensure all administrative documents are checked including goods in, pallet & factored despatch and comply with company procedures
- Plan activities for all internal HGV Drivers.
- Ensure all inbound collections are dealt with effectively and efficiently
- Analysis all inbound collections and feedback to the collections points / companies on the inbound KPI’s – Quality, scrap, Quantity of pallets per load, Efficiency of stacking
- Plan the pallets to be repaired to maximize sales revenue
- Ensure that the pallet stock (good & repairs) records are correct at the end of each week
- To manage the external transport operations to deliver the pallets to the repair operation on time
- Manage and co-ordinate the inbound & outbound transport to the agreed capacity volumes
- Manage kiln activities to ensure delivery schedules are achieved and that all plant and services are maintained to ensure maximum uptime of the kiln.
- Ensure finished goods and timber storage areas are kept in an orderly fashion to ensure stock can be counted without personal risk.
- Implement Housekeeping initiatives to ensure the yard and dry storage areas are kept in tidy and orderly fashion, including the management of waste/scrap bins.
- Manage overtime to ensure site targets are achieved.
- Cover for other members of the leadership team as and when required.
- Ensure regular communications with all employees are maintained in line with the company and operation functional strategy
- Collate and analyses performance metrics, submit site reports.
- Undertake any reasonable management requests
- Ensure all staff adhere to company H&S procedures with regard to PPE, accident/incident reporting etc.
- Manage the induction process and training of new starts for the department, ensuring that a safe system of work is maintained at all time.
- Ensuring that all training records are maintained and updated where applicable.
- Ensure quality of incoming material is within tolerance and to the required quality standard.
- Maintain stock rotation on a FIFO principal maintain and control stock age profile to meet business targets.
- Ensure all incoming timber is age identified as per company procedures. (currently set by period colours).
- Ensure non-conforming product is documented and reported to company’s quality team as procedure.
- Ensure all relevant documentation in relation to incoming and final inspections are completed in a timely manner.
Performance Measures – KPIs
- Yard housekeeping
- Aged stock profile of raw material, factored and finished goods
- Total Quantity of Recovered pallets sorted per hour
- Total Quantity of Pallets repaired per hour
- Stock accuracy of broken and good pallet stocks
- Manage period & year end Stock counts
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org