Group Quality Manager.
Burntisland, Fife or Ellesmere Port,Cheshire
The Scott Group is a high growth, leading industrial supplies organisation which provides a wide range of goods and services to industrial and manufacturing markets. With sites across the UK and in Europe, we combine the volume savings of a national organisation with the presence of a local supplier; leading the market through innovation, quality and service.
We are looking for a Group Quality Manager to drive a Quality Culture across the organization, ensuring compliant products and services are being achieved to the required customer’s standards. Deliver a Quality Management system that ensures full compliances across all departments of the business, while driving a continuous improvement environment.
This position can either be based at our Burntisland site or our Ellesmere Port site.
- Maintain the companies Quality, Health & Safety, Environmental Compliance standards. Manage the companies QMS to achieve full process compliance across all of the Companies Disciplines
- Lead the continual development of the Quality culture across all Manufacturing and Recondition Pallet Business Units to achieve customer satisfaction, promoting a proactive right first time culture to minimize business disruptions
- Drive a continuous Improvement Culture, addressing route cause analysis, NCR’s, targeting identification, implementation and rectification of all corrective preventative actions
- Work with site teams to establish and ensure the effective implementation of the Quality Management System, mentoring site leadership / staff to demonstrate the conformity of the works.
- Quality Standards compliance
- Quality Audit compliance
- Number of Non Conformances
- Completion time for NCR to the customer
- Continuous Improvement Initiativesa
Key Role Objectives
- Ensuring that an effective Quality Management System is established, implemented and maintained at all levels by managing an internal auditing program
- Co-ordinate all processes to conform to the company’s Quality System
- Develop Site Champion on all sites to ensure product Quality conforms to the Customer Requirements
- Implement Quality training plans and conduct training to support a right first time culture, adherence to policies and procedures
- Monitor all internal non-conformances and drive through route cause analysis and install the appropriate control plans to prevent re-occurrence
- Providing an independent channel of communication on quality matters, initiating necessary action to resolve deficiencies and ensuring satisfactory solutions have been achieved.
- Ensuring Audits are undertaken in accordance with the Audit Schedule and that any adverse findings, including those raised by others, are closed out in a timely manner.
- Reviewing Non-conformance reports to identify any apparent trends and providing drive improvements to stop reoccurring failures
- Ensure a structured problem solving approach is applied to countermeasure activities and prevent re-occurrence.
- Develop a process to continually reduce our Environmental impacts across all departments within the business
- Manage Waste Management process on all site
Quality Management System:
- Maintain current Quality Management system to support accreditation requirements
- Develop and maintain an effective Integrated Management System to support Quality compliance across a multi-site operation
- Ensure effective documentation and training is implemented through the business to support all company policies and procedures
- Drive a performance culture, through the entire site to achieve all associated KPI’s, development of corrective actions and training programs
- Drive a “can do” attitude through problem resolution
- Collate and analyses performance metrics, submit plant and Group reports
- Undertake any reasonable management requests
To apply for this position please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org