Group HSE Co-Ordinator
The Scott Group is a high growth, leading industrial supplies organisation which provides a wide range of goods and services to industrial and manufacturing markets. With sites across the UK and in Europe, we combine the volume savings of a national organisation with the presence of a local supplier; leading the market through innovation, quality and service.
Scott Pallets is the largest operating division of Scott Group and is the UK’s largest, most successful pallet supplier. From whisky to construction, and packaging to chemicals, our pallets are used by businesses in every industrial sector throughout the UK, to safely and sustainably transport their goods throughout the global supply chain.
The Group HSE Co-ordinator’s role is to provide support and leadership to site management and other business stakeholders to ensure that Scott Group provides safe and healthy work environment for all its employees and site visitors. The Group HSE Co-ordinator will play a key role in the implementation of effective HSE policies and procedures, will lead Health & Safety initiatives, drive a proactive accident prevention approach and promote a positive H&S culture throughout the business.
Key Roles & Objectives
Health & Safety
- Ensure site compliance against Group HSE policy, though monitoring and conducting site audits
- Ensure that all accidents and near misses are investigated to the root cause and installation of preventative controls / actions
- Manage the notification / reporting of RIDDOR accidents to the HSE
- Conduct and lead safety awareness / alerts through toolbox talks
- Develop and maintain the site emergency team, selection and maintenance of fire wardens and first aid support for the site, with all associated facilities
- Ensure that all sites have all relevant risk assessment and method statements have been documented with relevant controls implemented and maintained
- Drive continuous improvement, through effective leadership of H&S committees, initiate and drive action plans to achieve “best practice”
- Offer practical problem resolution to the leadership of the site to ensure a safe working environment for all site users
- Develop an effective Health and Safety leadership team on site, including an effective team of safety representatives throughout the organisation
- Support site leadership to ensure environmental processes conform to UK legislative requirements
- Coordinate with site management to drive waste reduction
- Promote a positive HSE culture and develop employee training programmes
- Drive a “can do” attitude through problem resolution
- Collate and analyse performance metrics to provide monthly HSE reports
- Undertake any reasonable management requests
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of an HSE role within a Manufacturing / Logistics organisation.
- Comprehensive understanding of UK HSE legislative requirements
- Excellent person management and relationship skills, and be comfortable working effectively within a broad range of working environments. Ideally a qualified member of an appropriate well recognized HSE professional body such as IOSH.
- Needs to be a practical and willing to be hands-on and lead change from the front
Education / Qualifications
- NEBOSH General Certificate (Minimum)
- NVQ Level 5 H&S standard or NEBOSH Diploma (Preferred)
- Good standard of written and numerical literacy
The position is to be based in the Manchester area with travel required to the Midlands, South Wales and SW England.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £30,000.00 to £35,000.00 /year
To apply please email your CV to email@example.com