Group Finance Controller
The Scott Group is a leading industrial supplies organisation which provides a wide range of goods and services to industrial and manufacturing markets. A family owned business with sites across the UK and in Europe, we combine the volume savings of a national organisation with the presence of a local supplier; leading the market through innovation, quality and service. Our reputation is built upon the values of a family business and the professionalism of a market leader.
Support functions for our Group businesses and interests are based at our Head Office site at Dunfermline. Our dedicated Group Finance team work across the Group to deliver a first class service supporting our strategic goals and business growth.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Finance professional to join our Group Finance team, as Group Finance Controller.
Reporting to the Finance Director, this role will be responsible for leading the group finance team to achieve business goals, support the project delivery and continuous improvement.
- Lead, coach & develop the Group Finance team to deliver effective and efficient support
- Understand the Group & Business strategic financial goals, aligning team activity to support delivery and performance improvement, so that value is added
- Design & delivery of group financial timetable, for reporting requirements, to ensure the accurate and timely provision of data.
- Management and continuously Improve group Treasury function to ensure accurate forecasting and efficient team processes and ABLA facilities operate effectively.
- Manage and continuously improve the group reporting providing assurance and compliance on the financials being provided from the business units, to ensure that timely, accurate information is generated to inform the board and support business decisions. Including but not restricted to:
- Management accounts
- Balance Sheets Reviews
- Credit risk Reviews
- Flash Reporting
- Management and compliance of the centralised external reporting including Statutory accounts, Banking, VAT, ONS and other adhoc requests
- Liaise with external bodies, ensuring effective relationships are built to facilitate the best outcome for the business:
- Statutory, Banking and HMRC Auditors and Divisional FC to lead and continually improve an efficient audit process
- Tax advisors to ensure both company tax returns are reviewed and completed timely and ad-hoc enquires dealt with efficiently.
- Insurance brokers to manage commercial insurance & credit insurance arrangements including renewals and claims, ensuring that all businesses are adequately covered.
- Support Group Acquisition strategy by carrying out
- Analytical reviews of adhoc & competitor businesses for potential acquisition.
- In-house Due Diligence & Review of Completion Accounts
- Documenting & delivery of key group controls & design of internal process review to ensure consistency across business units
Requirements / Experience:
- Minimum 2 -3 years’ experience at a Finance Manager / Controller level
- Exposure to operations in industry i.e. commercial, trading, manufacturing
- Ideally have experience working with multiple sites and multi-business unit structures
- Experience in managing group annual statutory audit and corporation tax process, directly liaising with audit partner/director and managers, leading the group audit and tax process from planning to completion
- Experience of coordinating and managing non-accounting group compliance and reporting such as VAT, PAYE, Intrastat, National Statistics etc.
- Experience with Navision and Sage 50 systems would be an advantage
- Able to work on modern ERP & IT systems and with advanced Excel skills
You will be:-
- Experienced people leader, with the ability to work collaboratively
- Have a talent for analysis and an excellent communicator both verbally and written.
- Able to relate at all levels, including from Board level to shop floor.
- Able to constructively challenge assumptions and help drive through changes.
- Confident with a solution oriented & continuous improvement approach.
- Be tenacious and resilient with a willingness to develop within a dynamic environment.
We offer a competitive remuneration package and a commitment to providing training and development opportunities to facilitate career development. Please provide an indication of your salary / package expectations with your application.
Applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications, 5 January 2021.