The Scott Group is a high growth, leading industrial supplies organisation which provides a wide range of goods and services to industrial and manufacturing markets. With sites across the UK and in Europe, we combine the volume savings of a national organisation with the presence of a local supplier; leading the market through innovation, quality and service.
Scott Pallets is the largest operating division of Scott Group and is the UK’s largest, most successful pallet supplier. From whisky to construction, and packaging to chemicals, our pallets are used by businesses in every industrial sector throughout the UK, to safely and sustainably transport their goods throughout the global supply chain.
We are looking for a FLT Driver within our Burntisland Site to safely and accurately lift and transport timber, pallets and consumables on and off Lorries and/or transport timber/pallets around the site, and to store, external or internal.
Key Results areas and performance measures
- Performance will be monitored in line with the company handbook, attendance and timekeeping policies and procedures.
- Ensure vehicle waiting times are kept to a minimum.
- Cooperate with ongoing training and development and participate in the company’s appraisal system.
- Will have successfully completed forklift training to the approved code of practice Rider Operated Lift Trucks and Supplementary Guidance COP26 HMSO 1998 (updated 1999)
- Hold a current licence (less than 3 years old) – refresher course required if more than 3 years old.
- Operate only the truck type relating to the licence.
- Able to complete start-up and finish checks and the necessary paperwork
- Carry out periodic checks throughout the shift to ensure targets are being achieved.
- Complete all necessary paperwork which must be accurate, complete and legible
- Comply with Housekeeping initiatives to ensure production areas are kept in tidy and orderly fashion, including waste/scrap bins.
- Cooperate in training and development activities.
- You may be required at any time to perform any reasonable task outside the general provisions of this job description in the pursuance of good Company practice or need.
- Check loading and unloading paperwork before commencement of job.
- Check all timber sizes are correct before off-loading.
- Check accuracy of operation regularly as mistakes can’t always be corrected and are costly.
- Report any non-conforming timber and/or pallets to your supervisor.
- Operations will conform to all aspects of the responsibilities laid down by current legislative and statutory requirements, Group Health, Safety and Environment General Statement of Intent, Safety Policies and specific job responsibilities.
- Comply with and follow all safe systems of work.
- Initiative & problem solving
- Good all-round communication and inter-personal skills
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance
- Decision making & judgment
- Customer focus
- Safety focus
- Adaptable & flexible
To apply for this position please send your CV to email@example.com