The Scott Group is a leading industrial supplies organisation which provides a wide range of goods and services to industrial and manufacturing markets. A family owned business with sites across the UK and in Europe, we combine the volume savings of a national organisation with the presence of a local supplier; leading the market through innovation, quality and service. Our reputation is built upon the values of a family business and the professionalism of a market leader.
Support functions for our Group businesses and interests are based at our Head Office site at Dunfermline. Our dedicated Group Finance team work across the Group to deliver a first class service supporting our strategic goals and business growth.
We have an opportunity for a Finance Graduate to join our Group Finance team.
To learn and master as many aspects of the Group’s finance function to allow the production of accurate and timely key information to support the Group Finance function.
JOB SUMMARY / KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Support the Management Accountant with the preparation and delivery of statutory information including VAT returns, EC sales and Intrastat returns on a monthly basis in line with individual deadline
- Assist in the preparation of the ONS surveys adhering to specified deadlines
- Support the Management Accountant with balance sheet reconciliations to ensure they are accurately updated.
- Prepare analysis to support the group finance team in the presentation of various financial information for the board
- Support the treasury team in the preparation of bank recs, arranging payments and reconciling cash Accounts
- Support the management accountant in preparation of the management accounts including
- Analyse actual vs budget
- Detail depreciation calculations
- Prepare accruals and prepayment calculations
- Support the team in the preparation of various adhoc information for audits.
- Extract and analyse adhoc information from computer system as requested
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Team Player
- Effective Time Management
- Problem solving
- Passion for learning
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Recent or expectant Graduate 2:1 level. Business or Accounting degree would be desirable but not essential
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience of ERP IT systems
- Excel – Intermediate or advanced level
- Ability to absorb knowledge and put this into practice
- Excellent work ethic – be confident to multi task and prioritise workload
To apply for this position please send your applications to email@example.com