The Scott Group is a high growth, leading industrial supplies organisation which provides a wide range of goods and services to industrial and manufacturing markets. With sites across the UK and in Europe, we combine the volume savings of a national organisation with the presence of a local supplier; leading the market through innovation, quality and service.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a newly qualified accountant from an audit background within our Group Finance Function at our Head Office based in Dunfermline.
You will be responsible for the review of various divisional submissions to group and reporting your finding to the Group Finance Management team. In addition you will report on the compliance of the divisions with Group timetables and policies. Ideally you will have had experience from an audit background or another role requiring the same level of enquiry and challenge of results and compliance monitoring.
You will be qualified in CA, ACCA, ICAEW or CIMA and have an eye for detail, advanced excel skills with experience in Navision and Sage 50 being advantageous.
We offer a competitive remuneration package and a commitment to providing training and development opportunities to facilitate career development.
- Review of Monthly and Periodic balance sheet reconciliations submitted to Group
- Review of Monthly and Periodic reporting packs submitted to group including an analytical review of Profit and Loss accounts
- Analyse and challenge cashflow forecasts
- Review and reconcile annual statutory accounts and disclosures
- Prepare summary reporting papers for group management highlighting any inconsistencies in divisional reporting
- Drafting formal feedback on group submissions for divisional financial controllers
- Develop and maintain the existing compliance calendar ensuring all statutory and banking submissions are made on time
- Review and report on each divisions compliance with their reporting timetables
- To ensure all Intrastat, ONS reports are prepared on-time & accurately
- Support in the preparation of VAT, EC sales and Intrastat returns and submissions
- To assist the Group finance team, tax advisors & auditors by providing all information required for the corporation tax assessments and reviewing the Corporation Tax Return.
- To present summary detail in a simple straightforward format.
- To provide analysis on due diligence information as required.
- Operating bank accounts
- Reconciliation of the Asset Based Lending Reports & Reconciliations
- Preparing & reviewing cash flow reporting
- Essential Experience*
- Experience in an audit role or role requiring the same level of interrogation and challenge of financial results
- Experience in preparing or reviewing statutory accounts and disclosures
- Experience of reviewing and challenging budget and cashflow forecasting assumptions
- Understanding of indirect tax & reporting including VAT/Intrastat.
Technical – Qualifications/Key skills
- Qualified accountant in CA/ACCA or CIMA or equivalent
- Knowledge of modern ERP & IT systems, Navision and Sage
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Personal Key Skills
- An excellent communicator both verbal and written.
- Able to relate to people at all levels, including but not limited to shop floor employees, management, customers and vendors.
- Able to constructively challenge assumptions and help drive through change.
- Strong attention to detail
- Up to date knowledge of accounting regulations
- Good commercial awareness
- Planning, organising & multi-tasking skills
- Able to work on own initiative but also a team player
- Flexible work ethic
- Effective time management
- Perseverance, personal ambition and willingness to develop within a dynamic environment.
- Confident with a solution oriented approach.
- Sound decision making.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £28,000.00 to £33,000.00 /year
To apply for this position please send your CV to email@example.com